Back of neck tattoos are now growing in popularity. The back of the neck is a very popular place for a tattoo as it is both visible and can be covered with hair, scarves or collared shirts easily when you don’t want it to be seen.
- 1 Back of Neck Tattoo Sizes
- 2 Back of the Neck Tattoo Types
- 3 Back of Neck Tattoos Pain
- 4 Back of Neck Tattoo Designs and Ideas
- 4.1 Small/Tiny Back of Neck Tattoos
- 4.2 Cute Back of Neck Tattoos
- 4.3 Back of Neck Tattoos for Guys/Men
- 4.4 Back of the Neck Anchor Tattoos
- 4.5 Bird Tattoos on Back of the Neck
- 4.6 Butterfly Tattoos on Back of Neck
- 4.7 Back of Neck Tattoos – Cross
- 4.8 Flower Tattoos on Back of the Neck
- 4.9 Back of Neck – Lettering Tattoos
- 4.10 Beautiful Mandala Tattoos on Back of the Neck
- 4.11 Spiritual Back of Neck Tattoos
- 4.12 Back of Neck Tattoos Traditional
- 4.13 Tribal Back of Neck Tattoos
- 4.14 Back of Neck Tattoos for Women/Females
Back of Neck Tattoo Sizes
Size of the tattoo is very important as back of the neck offers a relatively small canvas. Small, subtle, minimalist tattoos look really good on back of the neck because of the size of this area.
Back of the Neck Tattoo Types
Back of Neck Tattoos Pain
All tattoos hurt. It is pretty hard to explain how much a tattoo hurts as everyone tolerates pain differently. Pain varies a lot depending on the part of your body. Ribs, sternum and collarbone are the top three areas that hurt the most. The spine also hurts quite a lot. The skin on the back of the neck is very thin and it is right on top of the spine along with cranial nerves. So, it could be painful but surprisingly back of the neck is considered to be one of the less painful spots of the body to get a tattoo.
Many people who have neck tattoos mentioned that the least painful area on the back of the neck is the lowest part of the neck. Either side of the spine and near the shoulders have more fat, which acts as a cushion for the bones. The skin also tends to be thicker in this area.
Below we have gathered a collection of back of neck tattoo designs to decorate your neck.