- 1 What is a Geometric Tattoo?
- 2 Meanings of Geometric Tattoos
- 3 Shapes used in Geometric tattoo designs
- 4 How to get a perfect Geometric Tattoo
- 5 Geometric Tattoo for Male and Female
- 6 Geometric Animal Tattoos
- 7 Geometric Wolf Tattoo Meanings
- 8 Geometric Wolf Tattoo Designs
- 9 Geometric Lion Tattoo Meanings
- 10 Geometric Lion Tattoo Designs
- 11 Geometric Cat Tattoo Meanings
- 12 Geometric Cat Tattoo Designs
- 13 Geometric Owl Tattoo Meanings
- 14 Geometric Owl Tattoo Designs
- 15 Geometric Bear Tattoo Meanings
- 16 Geometric Bear Tattoo Designs
- 17 Geometric Deer Tattoo Meanings
- 18 Geometric Deer Tattoo Designs
- 19 Geometric Elephant Tattoo Meanings
- 20 Geometric Elephant Tattoos Designs
- 21 Geometric Fish Tattoo Meaning
- 22 Geometric Fish Tattoo Designs
- 23 Geometric Turtle Tattoo Meaning
- 24 Geometric Turtle Tattoo Designs
- 25 Geometric Tiger Tattoo Meaning
- 26 Geometric Tiger Tattoo Designs
What is a Geometric Tattoo?
Geometric tattoo is perhaps the oldest tattoo design based on simple mathematical patterns. Geometry provides symmetry and you can find it in anything and anywhere. Geometry is the architecture of all living organisms and a simple dot or a triangle or a circle can have so many meanings. So, the geometric symbols are the fundamental building blocks of all things in the universe. Geometric tattoos are made of various geometric shapes.
Meanings of Geometric Tattoos
Geometric designs can be found throughout all history. In ancient times people used geometry to tell stories because it was a universal language. Geometric designs were found in ancient greek paintings, vases and portraits. Even in ancient Egypt the entire pyramids of giza were built to perfect geometric ratios. The geometric shapes used in geometric tattoos have their own meaning. In modern days people collaborate them with tattoos for the meaning they represent. Its like mixing different elements to create something unique or tell a story or to represent something.
Shapes used in Geometric tattoo designs
Geometric shapes are based on nature and they are very visual. So visual that you don’t need to tell someone if this is a tree or human as people can recognize them right away.
There are five common shapes found in geometric tattooing are called platonic solids, originally described by Plato. They are the five building blocks of reality and they represent different aspects like water, fire, ether, air and earth.
- Octahedron (element of air) – Air is one of the basic elements of survival and is essential to the fruition of all living things. It symbolizes growth of self-awareness and an intuitive understanding of life.
- Dodecahedron (ether or void) – It is the material that fills the universe and holds everything together, symbolizes spirit. It is also called the mother of all Five Sacred Platonic Solids. Each of the Platonic Solids can rest inside of a Dodecahedron.
- Icosahedron (element of water) -The power of water allows movement by transmitting the consciousness of water which is cleansing, replenishing, fluent, dynamic and powerful.
- Tetrahedron (element of fire) – The power of fire is beneficial for the growth of intelligence and creating changes.
- Cube (element of earth) – The power of earth offers stability, patience and consistency and slow down physical, etheric, emotional, mental, and spiritual volatility.
How to get a perfect Geometric Tattoo
For a perfect geometric tattoo, you will need excellent line work and a tattoo artist with a very steady hand. Attention to details is very important and make sure the needles not going into the skin too deep but deep enough. There are so much involved with geometric tattoos that just one mistake in a line can ruin the entire piece.
Geometric Tattoo for Male and Female
Geometric tattoos are very universal. Geometric designs are literally found in every single culture throughout every single time period. So, there is not particular geometric tattoo for men or women. Usually men go for a full sleeve where the lines are thicker and more density in the geometric aspects to make it look more masculine. The girls usually get something lighter with lot of space between the lines.
Geometry tattoo designs are really timeless. It can appear ancient but at the same time it feels and looks very modern and contemporary and there are very few tattoo styles that are capable of achieving such magnitude as geometric tattoos have. Geometric tattoos hold so much depth, substance of meanings.
Geometric Animal Tattoos
Long before psychology and personality types were developed, animals were used as a medium to learn about ourselves. In certain spiritual traditions and cultures spirit animal refers to a spirit that guides and protects a person through the journey of life and whose characteristics that person shares or embodies. These spirit animals can symbolize aspect of your personality, your skills, traits and your emotions.
Geometric animal tattoos combine the meaning of the geometric elements with spirit animals; animals that reflect a person’s personality and act as their spiritual guide. People believe that Geometric animal tattoos have a powerful meaning because of the link between the tattoo wearer and the spiritual nature of the animal.
Here are some popular geometric animal tattoo designs and their meanings:
Geometric Wolf Tattoo Meanings
Wolf is a very powerful spirit animal and also symbolizes freedom. In general, geometric wolf tattoos represent strong connection with nature, loyalty, generosity, intelligence, respect, communication, strength, appetite for freedom.
Geometric Wolf Tattoo Designs
Geometric Lion Tattoo Meanings
In the realm of spirit animals, the lion is the most relentless fighter in the face of life challenges. In general, geometric lion tattoos symbolize valor, honor, justice, authority, strength, pride, accomplishment and royalty.
Geometric Lion Tattoo Designs
Geometric Cat Tattoo Meanings
Geometric cat tattoos represent femininity, mystery, wisdom, intellect, luck, independence, intellect and mischievous nature.
Geometric Cat Tattoo Designs
Geometric Owl Tattoo Meanings
The owl spirit symbolizes deep connection with wisdom and intuitive knowledge. In general, geometric owl tattoos represent freedom, spirituality, wisdom, higher consciousness and self-awareness.
Geometric Owl Tattoo Designs
Geometric Bear Tattoo Meanings
The primary meaning of bear as a spirit animal is strength and courage. The geometric bear tattoo symbolizes warrior spirit, good luck, power, strength, protection and hunting skill.
Geometric Bear Tattoo Designs
Geometric Deer Tattoo Meanings
Dear is the symbol of gentleness and heart energy. Geometric deer tattoos represent nobility, rebirth, kindness, peace, love, family and intelligence.
Geometric Deer Tattoo Designs
Geometric Elephant Tattoo Meanings
Geometric elephant tattoos symbolize family, community, maternal instinct, wisdom, success, peace, fertility and a deep connection to nature.
Geometric Elephant Tattoos Designs
Geometric Fish Tattoo Meaning
Geometric fish tattoos symbolize abundance, wealth, patience, persistence, ambition, prosperity, healing and purification.
Geometric Fish Tattoo Designs
Geometric Turtle Tattoo Meaning
The primary meaning of turtle spirit is groundedness, patience and earth. Geometric turtle tattoos represent longevity, wisdom, resilience, peace, spiritual connection to the sea and mother nature.
Geometric Turtle Tattoo Designs
Geometric Tiger Tattoo Meaning
The primary meaning of the tiger spirit is will power, personal strength and courage. Geometric tiger tattoos symbolize power, strength, dominance, energy, protection, guardianship, danger, destruction, royalty, passion and sexual prowess.